Monday 26 March 2012

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tasks?

Nearly all media products are advertised and I was asked to construct an album cover and poster fit for a magazine. Firstly I looked at previous existing album covers and posters to gain a better understanding about what conventions I should be featuring. The genre of my chosen song is ‘rock and roll’ however my product is a rerelease of the iconic song (Wouldn’t it be nice – The Beach Boys) so I thought I should modernise my video and ancillaries to appeal to my target audience who are mainly females, aged 13-19. However I still wanted to capture a vintage feel, as I wanted to educate my audience that this song is a classic hit, as it is timeless.  I also understood that my ancillaries should have a strong house style to make it clear for my audience to read and understand that my music video, album cover and poster are all linked. If you click on the links provided you can see my deconstructions of my album cover and poster as why they link to well together!


Ancillary poster by Rachel Petrovics Photography

Ancillary cd cover by Rachel Petrovics Photography

NOTE:GET VIDEO OFF  EMMAS COMPUTER AND UPLOAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment