Monday 26 September 2011

Genre

Genre: A category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterised by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.


I have chosen the genre of romance for our music video, because I am part of the target audience (being a female teen) meaning I have a clear understanding of what one wants and can expect from this genre. It also has clear conventions that I can create with ease in my final piece, for example having two romantically inclined protagonists. The songs that I am considering also have romantic connotations ie The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice has hidden meanings of loss of love, or longing for love. 


When asking a member of my target audience (Cassie Shaw) what came to mind when I said the word romance, she immediately said "Titanic". This re-enforces that media is more prominent than the reality of romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment