Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Power of Moving Image

I found a really interesting article about the power of moving image and I thought it was highly relevant to my process to creating a music video, as it allows me a great insight to the influential nature a moving image holds.

"Moving image is the most powerful way to put across any message. According to web business consultancy firm Odysseyuk.co.uk, people remember 30% of what we see, 20% of what we hear but 70% of what anything we watch and hear at the same time. Phrases such as: “a picture is worth a thousand words”, “actions speak louder than words” or “I’ll believe it when I see it” exist for a reason.
Moving image is the most recipient friendly and convincing way to put across any
message."

This quote really summarises my point about it's effective, and manipluative power.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment