Thursday 15 September 2011

Match.com

 (Accidental Duet)



(Train Station)


Advertising is a powerful outcome of media, and recently Match.com (online dating site) have created some original and unique adverts for their site. When researching in depth Match.com invested £7 million into the campaign: Start Your Love Story, which aims to "capture that butterfly moment you feel when you find someone special.". I feel these adverts hold a feeling that I inspire to gain from my audience.

When deconstructing these adverts to a further level I discover that the gradient is washed out, possibly representing a 'story book feel', this is again something I am wanting to capture. There are many extreme close ups of the main characters, perhaps to capture emotion and create that intimate sense. I wish to explore these in my own work and see how they work out!

Lastly I found a quote from Katie Sheppard, director of relationships and marketing at match UK, she said: “We’ve always been about helping people find love, and as the best-known dating site in the UK, we have been at the heart of hundreds of thousands of moments like these."

No comments:

Post a Comment